Farming is a lifestyle, and with that, comes little twists that make those in the Ag industry a bit different from the rest of the world. At Security State Bank, we would like to honor the 44th National Agriculture Day and the incredible individuals that make it possible, by sharing our favorite farm-style quirks.
You know you’re a farmer when:
- Your dog rides in the truck more than your wife.
- You wave every time you see a combine.
- Waking up at 8:00 AM is sleeping in.
- You break your finger moving hogs but say you’ll fix it later.
- You’re leaving for Sunday church, and you have to get a bull back in the pen, still in your dress clothes.
- You do the finger wave.
- Family weddings and special events are planned around spring planting and fall harvest.
- Your animals live in a more expensive building than you.
- Your excuse for getting out of school is that the cows got out.
- Your closest neighbor is in the next section, and that’s at least a mile away.
- Your whole world changed depending on who the summer help was.
- Hay bale jumping was the most exciting activity of all time as a child.
- You see a good looking person in a truck and only check out the truck.
- You’ve driven off the road while examining the neighbors’ crops.
- Your first driving lesson was in a cornfield.
- Picking up rocks is just another chore.
- Your cupboards and fridge are full of syringes and livestock medicines.
- Your four wheel drive actually goes off road.
- The first vehicle you learned to drive was a tractor at seven years old.
- Your idea of four seasons is calving, planting, haying, and harvesting.
- It rains for a week and you haven’t turned a wheel.
These are just a few things that remind us why agriculture is near and dear to our heart. Security State Bank is proud to celebrate National Agriculture Day and all that farmers do! The roads, fields, and industries wouldn’t be the same without you. Contact us today for professional guidance when choosing your operation’s next financing solution.